MergerMarket has recently published its league table for 2020 ranking the most active M&A law firms in Norway. We are happy to see that our positive trend continues and that we are ranked on 6th place on total transaction value among the Norwegian law firms on Norwegian transactions, and on 8th place based on deal volume.
It was a special year for the M&A market with a strong start before Covid-19 hit Norway in March 2020. After a couple of months with low activity, the second half of the year was very active. Some of the highlights for our M&A department in 2020 are our assistance in the following transactions:
- Torghatten in the USD 1.325 billion bid from EQT
- The leaseholders in Norwegian in their USD 658 million conversion of loan to equity in Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Edison in the USD 300 million sale of Edison Norge to Sval Energi
- NTS in the EUR 109 million acquisition of shares in Norway Royal Salmon
- Glommen Mjøsen Skog in its acquisition of a majority of the shares in Moelven Industrier
- KMC Properties in the NOK 1 billion transaction with Storm Real Estate