We provide clients with legal and commercial advice in all aspects of the renewables sector. We have in-depth knowledge of the framework conditions that different businesses must comply with, and assist with advice in connection with the following:
- support for renewables projects
- financing of renewables projects
- contract negotiations
- licensing issues for energy production, grid and infrastructure
- requirements in terms of energy law, environmental law and other areas, for the operation of production and demand facilities
- regulatory requirements for the operation of infrastructure, including questions related to tariffing, grid connection, etc.
- physical and financial trade in energy; through organised markets and bilateral agreements
- trade in climate quotas
Renewable energy has always been dominant in the Norwegian electricity market. Hydroelectric power is by far the most important, however, wind power now accounts for about 10% of Norwegian power production. The development and operation of new renewable energy is crucial for solving the climate challenges, and the renewables sector is gaining increasing attention. The market depends on the grid, with the development and operation of infrastructure as key factors.
We have a large and broad client base in the renewables field and have extensive experience in assisting the traditional power industry with issues related to the entire industry chain. In wind power, we assist both the manufacturer and supplier side with regulatory issues. We also provide assistance to banks financing a project, or parties who wish to purchase a project. Our extensive experience from all parts of the market means that we quickly become familiar with the various issues and can provide good strategic advice to our clients.
What you can expect from us
We have several specialists in this field with extensive experience from all parts of the industry, and also work closely with academic communities. We put together the most optimum team for each case, across departments, based on specialist expertise and industry know-how.