Svein Terje Tveit is part of the Procurement and Competition Law department.
Svein Terje offers depth of experience in EU/EEA law across a wide range of disciplines, including competition law, state aid, public procurements, trade law and EU/EEA regulatory matters. He assists Norwegian and international clients both with advocacy (helping clients participate in EU/EEA and Norwegian Government decision making), counselling (interpretation and application of EU/EEA rules), investigations (by EU, EEA and Norwegian authorities) and litigation (representing parties before Norwegian and EFTA/EU Courts). He is particularly experienced within the energy-, transport- and food sector.
As a former lawyer in Thommessen's competition group, Svein Terje has assisted in many of Norway’s largest and most complex competition investigations. Svein Terje has acted and/or advised in matters before the Court of Justice of the European Union, the EFTA-Court, Norwegian Courts, the Norwegian Public Procurement Complaint Board, the Norwegian Competition Complaint Board and the Ministry of Trade and Fisheries. The most recent ones includes successfully representing two grid companies in cases before the Norwegian Public Procurement Complaint Board and until December 2018 representing an international manufacturer in a cartel damages claim (jurisdiction hearings – main hearing still pending).
Svein Terje's strong academic background, matched with a business minded approach, allows him to communicate technical advice in a simple and pragmatic manner and address clients' legal and policy concerns. Svein Terje is a regular speaker at conferences and client seminars.
- 2019- Arntzen de Besche Advokatfirma - Partner
- 2007–2018 Advokatfirmaet Thommessen -Managing associate, senior associate and associate
- 2016–2016 Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP - Seconded associate (London office)
- 2008-2015 University of Oslo and Bergen, law faculty - External examiner, final two years
- 2009–2010 Stavanger District Court - Deputy judge
- 2014–2014 Molde University College - Project Management
- 2006–2007 Ruprecht Karl's Universität Heidelberg - Master of Laws (LL.M.)
- 2005–2006 King's College London - Master of Laws (LL.M.)
- 2001–2006 University of Bergen - Master of Laws
- Svein Terje Tveit and Jens N. Bibow, 2018. "EEA and State Aid" (chapter) in State Aid and the Energy Sector. Oxford: Hart. Editors: Leigh Hancher, Adrien de Hauteclocque, Francesco Salerno.
- Svein Terje Tveit, 2018. Getting the Deal Through: Private Antitrust Litigation – Norway.
- Svein Terje Tveit, 2018. Getting the Deal Through: State Aid – Norway.
- Svein Terje Tveit, 2017. Getting the Deal Through: State Aid – Norway.
- Svein Terje Tveit, 2007. Wer steht der Wettbewerbsordnung näher – die Wirtschaft oder das Recht?: Eine Analyse der British Airways Rechtsprechung des Europäisches Gerichtshofs . 82 des EG-Vertrages (German Edition). Saarbrücken: VDM Verlag.
- Svein Terje Tveit, Stein Ove Solberg and Andreas Nordby, "Antitrust Litigation 2019 – Trends and Developments, Chambers and Partners" (publiseres i september 2019)
- Svein Terje Tveit, 2019. Getting the Deal Through: "State Aid – Norway".
- Svein Terje Tveit and Stein Ove Solberg, Kluwer Competition Law Blog, 2019: "Minority Acquisitions under Merger Control Scrutiny in Norway – Key Learnings from the Recent Sector Alarm/Nokas Case"
- Svein Terje Tveit, State Aid Law Quarterly 2019 (2), "A new boost to national recovery?"