Susanne Munch Thore is part of the M&A team. She has longstanding experience in providing assistance to international and Norwegian clients in connection with mergers, acquisitions and corporate transactions.
She works on industrial transactions, private equity- and venture investments as well as capital markets transactions.
Ms. Munch Thore furthermore acts as trusted advisor to listed and private companies, foundations and boards with corporate law advice and corporate governance matters, including compliance, ESG and sustainability matters. She also advises on anti-money laundering (AML) matters.
She holds various corporate positions in Norwegian and non-Norwegian companies within a broad range of sectors - Private Equity, finance, industry, corporate real estate, supply industry to acquaculture, oil & gas and franchising/restaurant as well as public sector.
She has five years of operative management experience from a large Norwegian law firm.
Ms. Munch Thore has been recommended by Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 as a leading lawyer within the fields of Capital Markets and Corporate/M&A.
- 2020– Arntzen de Besche - Partner
- 2018–2019 Law firm Susanne Munch Thore /various board positions - Lawyer
- 1993–2018 Wikborg Rein international law firm - Partner (Global Managing Partner 2011-2016)
- 1992–1993 Oslo Børs - Lawyer
- 1998 Jones Day Reavis & Pogue, New York - Lawyer
- 1987-1991 Wikborg Rein - Associate
- 2014 Insead/Business Kolding - Executive Management Programme
- 1989 Georgetown University, International law - Master of Laws (L.L.M)
- 1987 University of Oslo - Cand.jur. (Qualifying law degree)
- 1985 John Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), Bologna, Italy - Diploma of International Affairs
- 1983-1984 University of Oslo - Research assistant at the Nordic Institute for maritime law
Various roles and publications
- 2017- Chair of the Norwegian Bar Association’s Expert group on anti money laundering.
- 2015-2016 Member of the Law Committee for new Anti Money Laundering Legislation in Norway (proposal for a new Norwegian Act incorporating the 4th EU AML Directive into Norwegian law – NOU 2015:12 og 2016:27)
She has previously headed the Norwegian Bar Association’s corporate law group and securities law group and has been engaged in the Bar Association’s .
- 2018- Board member Odfjell Drilling Ltd
- 2018- Board member Cage Holding 1 (Mørenot)
- 2018- Deputy chair Argentum Fondsforvaltning AS
- 2018- Member Nomination Committee SBANK ASA
- 2017- Board member Food Folks Group Holding AS
- 2017- Board member The Crown Prince and Crown Princess’ Endowment Fund
- 2014- Deputy chair corporate assembly Norsk Hydro AS
- 2009- Chair/board member Oslo Areal AS
- 2014 - May 2020 - Deputy chair Nomination Committee and Corporate Assembly Norsk Hydro ASA
- 2016 - May 2020 - Deputy chair, Norwegian Bar Association
Previous directorships include Grieg Shipping, Gjensidige Bank ASA, Eltek ASA, Renewable Energy Corporation ASA, Unifor.