Sveinsson is part of the Banking, Finance and Insolvency department.
He primarily provides legal counseling and litigation for financial institutions, listed and private companies regarding financial transactions and day to day management.
He has previously worked as a deputy judge at Lier, Røyken and Hurum County Court, and as legal manager for DNB and the Norwegian Creditbank as well as partner at Arntzen, Underland & Co Law Firm.
Chambers & Partners’ sources refer to Mr. Sveinsson as "straightforward and constructive, and always looks for positive solutions” and that he is "a terrific lawyer." Legal 500's sources state that Mr Sveinsson is "incredibly knowledgeable and commercial".
- 2001- Arntzen de Besche - Partner
- 2000 Arntzen, Underland & Co, Lawfirm - Partner
- 1998-1999 Gundersen & Co - Partner
- 1993-1998 Den norske Bank - General Counsel
- 1991-1992 Den norske Bank - Senior Lawyer
- 1990-1991 Bugge Arentz-Hanssen & Rasmussen, Lawf. - Associate
- 1989-1990 Den norske Creditbank - General Counsel
- 1986-1988 Den norske Creditbank - Lawyer
- 1984-1986 Bech Selte Honne & Bjønnes, Lawfirm - Associate
- 1982-1984 Lier, Røyken og Hurum County court - Deputy judge
- 1980-1982 Sivilombudsmannen - Consultant lawyer
- 1988-1989 Universitè d’Aix-Marseilles III - European Community Law
- 1980-1982 BI Norwegian School of Business Management - Business economy (Qualifying business management degree)
- 1980 University of Oslo - Cand.jur. (Qualifying law degree)