Berg Wasenden is part of our Oil, Offshore and Energy department.
He has an LL.D. from the University of Oslo and possesses over 20 years’ experience as a lawyer in Wikborg Rein and in Wiersholm.
Berg Wasenden is recognised as one of Norway’s leading lawyers within renewable energy and climate law, and works broadly within energy and petroleum law, contract law, stock exchange and securities law, and environmental law.
He has considerable experience as an advisor in the energy sector and has assisted a number of Norwegian and international parties in contract law matters, regulatory issues and contact with the authorities, in transactions as well as disputes. In addition, he has extensive experience from in-house work in Statnett and in Nasdaq.
He also possesses special expertise within financial market regulation and provides assistance related to energy trade, authorised discharge levels and financial instruments.
- 2020- Arntzen de Besche - Partner
- 2019 Nasdaq Oslo (via Wiersholm) - Legal councel inhouse
- 2015-2018 Statnett SF (via Wiersholm) - Legal councel inhouse
- 2013-2019 Wiersholm - Managing Associate
- 2009-2013 Wiersholm - Partner
- 2007-2009 Wiersholm - Managing associate
- 2002-2006 Universitetet i Oslo - Doctoral Research Fellow
- 2001-2007 Wikborg Rein & Co - Senior Associate
- 1999 Allen & Overy (London) - Trainee solicitor (via Wikborg Rein & Co)
- 1998-2001 Wikborg Rein & Co - Associate
- 1996-1997 University of Tromsø - Scientific Research Assistant
- 1995-2000 University of Tromsø - Various teaching assignments in law
- 1993-1998 Norwegian Armed Forces - Operational officer
- 1987-1988 Coast artillery officers’ training school. Operational programme
- 1989-1991 Royal Norwegian Naval Academy. Operational programme, emphasis on social studies
- 1991-1998 University of Tromsø - Cand. Jur. (Qualifying law degree)
- 2003-2006 University of Oslo - LL.D.
- Various pasture rights established through actual use. With emphasis on the importance of distinguishing between public right of access and special right of access. University of Tromsø, Faculty of Law publication series (skriftserie) no. 36, Tromsø 1998
- Do pasture rights across property boundaries exist? Lov og Rett, 1998, page 604-617
- Prescriptive rights, immemorial use and local common law as a basis for “invisible” rights of use. Jussens Venner 1998, page 306-325
- The Nordic Electricity Market. A mature international market and power exchange. In Roggenkamp/Boisseleau (ed) “The regulation of Power Exchanges in Europe”, Intersentia 2005, page 31-79
- Energy Market Law. On the disclosure requirement and market behaviour in the financial energy market. Cappelen Akademisk Forlag 2007
- EU market abuse regulation in energy markets. Cappelen Akademisk Forlag 2008
- The road towards transparency in European electricity markets. In Roggenkamp/Hammer (ed) “European Energy Law Report V”, Intersentia 2008, page 73-91
- Regulation on Wholesale Energy Market Integrity and Transparency. (With Halvor Aurmo.) In Roggenkamp/Woolley (ed) European Energy Law Report IX page 67-97, Intersentia 2012