In the recently published results from the rating agency Legal 500, we obtain Tier 1 and Tier 2 rankings within 13 areas of expertise. 36 of Arntzen de Besche’s lawyers have been recognized within their respective areas of expertise.
We consolidate our position as one of Norway’s leading law firms and obtain Tier 1 and Tier 2 rankings within the following areas of expertise:
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- Dispute Resolution
- EU and Competition
- Fishery and Aquaculture
- Offshore construction and Shipbuilding
- Oil and Gas
- Maritime law
- Real Estate
Additionally, we obtain strong results within Corporate recovery and Insolvency, Intellectual Property and TMT (Technology, Media and Telecommunications).
The 36 lawyers in Arntzen de Besche who have been ranked in the 2019 edition of Legal 500 are:
Anders Dyrseth, Andreas Nordby, Berit Svensli Solseth, Eilif S Koch, Erlend Haaskjold, Espen I. Bakken, Eyvind Sandvik, Frode Martin Toftevåg, Hans Henrik Kværne, Henrik Braavold Johansen, Håvard Sandnes, Jens Baumann Melberg, Joar Grimsbu, Karl Erik Navestad, Knud Jacob Knudsen, Knut-Marius Sture, Kåre I. Moljord, Lars Horgen Hinze, Marianne Sahl Sveen, Ole Skeidsvoll Moe, Per A. Dagslet, Pål Sveinsson, Reidar Smedsvig, Rune Omdahl, Rune Tjomsås Andersen, Stein Ove Solberg, Stein Tonning, Stian Fagervold, Svein Terje Tveit, Sven Iver Steen, Terje Granvang, Thomas Øslebø, Trond Kildal and Vidar Løhre.
What our clients say
The results of the survey are partially based on interviews with our clients. We are grateful for the feedback our clients have provided to Legal 500. Some of the feedback from this year’s edition are:
- Arntzen de Besche's 'extremely responsive and commercially focused' practice excels in the cross-border financing space alongside notable strength in E&P financing mandates in the oil and gas sector, aviation financings and shipping and offshore finance work. (Banking and Finance)
- Arntzen de Besche's team 'consistently performs solidly with a creative and proactive approach that gives clients the confidence that they don't need to rethink their strategy' (Dispute Resolution)
- With 'impressive, first-class, professional competencies', Arntzen de Besche is 'in a class of its own' and has 'deep insight into the legal issues at hand and an in-depth knowledge of its clients' industries' alongside an ability to provide 'access to every resource at short notice'. (Employment)
- With 'a high level of professional integrity' and 'a solid impression of knowledge and reliability', Arntzen de Besche covers the full spectrum of competition and antitrust issues with notable expertise in the transport, finance, life sciences, oil and gas, and defence sectors. (EU and Competition)
- With 'excellent knowledge of the seafood industry, awareness of the industry's position and its importance in Norwegian society', Arntzen de Besche is 'extremely knowledgeable' (Fishing and Aquaculture)
- Arntzen de Besche has notable cross-border elements to its work and excels in the oil and gas, life sciences, technology, fisheries, aquaculture and real estate sectors (M&A)
- Arntzen de Besche's team of 'practical and professional dealmakers' is 'always very helpful' and 'highly knowledgeable about this specific industry'. (Offshore construction and Shipbuilding)
- Arntzen de Besche 'exhibits excellent commercial insight' and 'works as the best engine oil to make a With 'genuine industry expertise and a commercial outlook', Arntzen de Besche has 'strength-in-depth, which allows it to support clients across the spectrum'. (Oil and Gas)
- Arntzen de Besche 'exhibits excellent commercial insight' and 'works as the best engine oil to make a deal run smoothly' (Real Estate)
- Arntzen de Besche is recognised for its expertise in the tax aspects of acquisitions and corporate restructurings particularly in the oil and gas, shipping, real estate, banking and insurance sectors (Tax)
More information about the results is available here.